Monday, 6 May 2013

Teal Baroque for sale!

A little while ago I happened to discover Filofax.ch in Switzerland. The website does not include a shopping cart, nor are there any prices mentioned, but it does have a telephone number, which will connect you to very nice French and German speaking (didn't try out English, but I suppose they speak English as well) ladies.
I had found a teal Baroque on their website (in personal size) and since the layout is so similar to the Malden, I assumed that it could take my Franklin Covey compact-sized inserts as well.

The nice lady on the phone told me she had only one teal Baroque left, and if I'd like I could buy it. Since they only accepted bank transfer payment, it took a few days before the thing was shipped and a few more days until it arrived, because for some reason Customs kept the parcel behind for a few days (they never do that to parcels from any other country?).

Thus it was in great anticipation that I ripped open the parcel to discover the imfamous Baroque Filofax:
Teal Baroque Filofax
I immediately saw that the binder was in fact a bit smaller in width and length compared to the personal Malden. Nevertheless, I swapped the inserts and moved them into the Baroque.
It was the most pityful sight: the tabs were sticking out completely and I was not very happy.

Though I love the softness of the leather (I don't know of any Filofax binder that is so squishable!), and the inside embossing is just gorgeous, I felt that this baby was not gonna grow old with me.

Embossed leather on the inside

Which is why I decided to put it up for sale.  I know there are a lot of Filofax lovers out there who are very eager to find a Baroque, but I felt it was impossible for me to just pick one person to give it to. That's why I put the Baroque on eBay.

The first response has been rather overwhelming. However, I don't intend to win any profit with this sale. Therefore I decided that I will donate any amount above the purchase price (the original shipping costs will be on me) to a good cause that is supported by my home town. The cause is titled ChildLearn and aims to free children in India of child labour and give them a proper education instead. (In my YouTube video I accidentially claimed that it were children in Peru, because I mixed it up with another organisation.)

If you want to have a closer look at the Baroque and don't mind another round of babbling of myself, here is my Video about it:



Happy bidding!












10 comments:

  1. I, too, found my personal Baroque (in pink though) through Filofax Switzerland. Only I chose to e-mail them instead. Quick response and they were kind enough to work with me on getting one. At the time, the lady who contacted me said they only had 1 Baroque left and it was in Pink when I really wanted the black. I swept it up and too am somewhat disappointed in that it is smaller than most personals (especially my beloved Maldens!). I use Filofax sized inserts and even my tabs stick out. Not as much as I'm sure your FC ones do, but still. Don't know if I like that. What a wonderful idea to donate the money to charity! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you keep it? Are you willing to sell? I would love a pink one.

      Delete
  2. Hi Carla, should you happen to want to sell your pink baroque, I will happily take it off your hands (: Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich habe Dich nominiert,für den "Liebster-blog-award" :o)
    http://chrissieswelt.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog award. Please check out my post here http://mzellesworld.blogspot.fr/2013/05/nomine-pour-un-liebster-blog-award.html for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jotje, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blook Award. You can read more about it here: http://josephdavidquinton.typepad.com/my-blog/2013/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I please have the contact details for filofax switzerland. I live in Australia and am struggling to find details for them. I am desperately seeking a Baroque of any colour ! Help !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I please have the contact details for filofax switzerland. I live in Australia and am struggling to find details for them. I am desperately seeking a Baroque of any colour ! Help !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I please have the contact details for filofax switzerland. I live in Australia and am struggling to find details for them. I am desperately seeking a Baroque of any colour ! Help !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I please have the contact details for filofax switzerland. I live in Australia and am struggling to find details for them. I am desperately seeking a Baroque of any colour ! Help !!

    ReplyDelete