Thursday, 26 July 2012

Birthday Planner pages

When you read this blog, I will be on my vacation. Yay, first stime "scheduled" post!
Anyway, I would like to show you some pretty awesome pages for planning birthday parties, especially - but not exclusively - for kids.
Used it for my daughters birthday party

Years ago, I bought a hardcover binder from Organised Mum that included several preprinted sections.


One of those sections was the Birthday Planner.
Since the page size of the inserts were exactly A5, and only the hole spacing was off (in fact, the hole spacing was identical to a Personal Filofax, which is kind of odd), I copied the pages and gave them their proper A5 holes.
Each Birthday Party gets 4 pages for planning:

Page 1 is titled "Initial Ideas" and is ideal for the first rough draft.


Page 2 is titled Invitations. Here I also note later on what gifts the guest had brought. Ideal for the thank you notes!
Page 3 is for all Things to do.


On Page 4 you can note all Shopping related to the party.

I love these pages! In fact, since they are no longer available from Organised Mum, I scanned them to print them out as needed. I usually put them in my Filofax about 2 months prior to any birthday, so that I have a place to note those initial ideas, or wishes of the birthday kids.

So, how do you plan your kid's (or your own) birthday? Do you use your filofax for this purpose?

(Please keep in mind that I won't be able to respond to your comments before beginning of August!)











5 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I usually have pieces of paper and scraps of ideas all over the place for a while and then write a neat organising page and shopping list a couple of days before. Since all our parties resemble each other I always think I should make a master list to use. This post may have inspired me at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I'm going to have to explore adding this to my FF; it'll come in handy since my son's birthday is coming up in September. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can scan and send me images of the blank pages, I'll look at producing downloadable, printable versions. Also, as a user of the pages, suggest any changes you think might improve them.

    ReplyDelete